Friday, March 23, 2007

Trekkies

wow. I just don't understand the value of devoting so much of your life to something fictional. I have nothing against Star Trek--it's a good show (Data was always my favorite...and Geordie LaForge...LeVar Burton and that cool visor he wore...) I just don't understand the devotion...the obsession... As I was watching the video this morning, I was trying to decide if there was something in my life that fit into the same category--is there some media text that I'm devoted to that parallels the devotion of star trek fans? So far, I haven't been able to think of anything. the only thing I go to "conventions" for would be Jesus probably. Is Star Trek a religion to some people? I think it very well could be.

I don't like to judge, or write people off as crazy or silly...but wow. That's all I have to say.

No comments: